Sunday, July 19, 2009

BIRTHDAY FEAST

Today, we celebrate the birthday of my uncle. Assorted food were prepared consists mostly of fish, beef, pork and some sweets. My uncle gave us a fried maya-maya-a large fish-in addition to the dishes that my mom prepared.
Fried maya-maya. Another deep-fried fish that my uncle brought for the birthday lunch we hosted for him.
Noodles such as pancit canton cannot be absent on birthday celebrations. In our country, there's a saying that noodles signifies long life for the family and friends of the celebrants.
Steamed Tilapia: One of my favorite fish. The meat is tender and juicy especially when steamed.

Pork binagoongan: A Filipino specialty consists of pork cut into cubes mixed with bagoong or shrimp pate.



Beef Calderetta: The secret is with the sauce. That I cannot reveal because as I say, it's a SECRET...




My mom's specialty: banana cake and black and white cupcake. The latter was taken from Mrs. Field's cookbook. Ingredients for cupcake includes cream cheese, chocolate mix and chocolate chips.




Gelatin anyone? My sister prepared a multi-colored gelatin mixed with evaporated milk for dessert.


3 comments:

  1. nakakagutom naman ito!!! i soooo love pork binagoongan! yum yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Me too...I also love tilapia and the fried maya-maya, which we're going to convert to sweet and sour dish. yum!!

    ReplyDelete