Sunday, June 21, 2009

I SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!!

One of my fondest childhood memories was licking my favorite dessert: ICE CREAM!!!.


My bestfriend since time immemorial, Marianne, even gave me the code name: Ice Cream because of my love for the famous international and global dessert.

During my elementary and high school years, I was an avid fan of this so-called dirty ice cream. I remember the person we called "manong," and my mom will give me P0.25 a day so that I can buy my favorite ice cream from "manong." But sometimes, I asked dad or mom at least P5.00 for a scoop of double dutch Magnolia Ice Cream that the other "manong" sells in campus.


I remember Magnolia Ice Cream because it is reminiscent of my childhood years. My favorite is double dutch, which is classified as Gold Label.


I remember Magnolia manufacturing their original double dutch. I have nothing against other double dutch flavor, but for me, Magnolia is still the best. When it comes to Cookies and Cream, nothing beats Selecta.



As time evolves, so many Ice Cream brand surfaced in the market. There is the Dairy Queen, with branches at SM Annex, Tri Noma and Gateway. It is a vanilla soft ice cream topped with various candies and chocolates. Whenever I pass by Gateway from work, there are times that I crave for Chocolate Chips Ice Cream, 119 oz. It is served upside down or else, it is free as what the motto of Dairy Queen says.

There are 3 sizes to choose from: 9 oz, 12 0z and 16 oz. Toppings vary from cookies and choco-candies such as: Oreo, M&Ms, Choco Chips to fruit toppings such as: Banana Split, Strawberry-Banana or fusions like Brownie Temptation, Caramel Cashew, Tropical Fruit and Nut...and other flavors that I have to explore myself in the future...

For more information about Dairy Queen, please visit http://www.dairyqueen.com.ph/













0 comments:

Post a Comment