Thursday, June 25, 2009

THE ERA OF MICHAEL JACKSON







I'm not an avid fan of Michael Jackson. My brother was. But I grew up to his music because I hear them on the airwaves.








I was in elementary when I heard the song "Beat It." Still in elementary when I first saw his "Thriller" music video.








I was in high school when my brother and his friends were singing "BAD." Still in high school when he starred in a movie entitled "Moonwalker." Of all the Michael Jackson songs, I'm fond of listening to "Black and White," which was revived by American Idol Season 1 finalist, Adam Lambert and "Heal the World," a socially-relevant song.






He was dubbed as the "King of Pop."





Later on he underwent cosmetic surgery, was filed with child molestation charges, but later on acquitted. He was ridiculed due to his eccentricities and weirdness. But that was Michael Jackson.





Inspite of the negative write-ups and comments hurled against him, he made a big impact on the music industry. He was an inspiration to some of our local and international musicians as well. I cannot imagine the world without a MICHAEL JACKSON. He might be gone but definitely, his music lives on. And I just hope that in his demise, we should remember the things he contributed to the art of music.





He is definitely the KING OF POP. He is an ARTIST. He is an ICON. As the curtain closes, I give him my own standing ovation.









THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC, MICHAEL JACKSON.




0 comments:

Post a Comment